In a previous exercise post, we completed the bent-over row with free weights and then using a stability ball. Today, we’re completing the same motion, but with resistance bands. This exercise works your back and arms.
- Stand with both feet on a resistance band, about hip-width apart.
- Hold one end in each hand by your sides, palms facing in.
- Bend your knees slightly (I have mine straight in the image- they should be bent!) and hinge forward at the hips.
- Keep your back flat, and arms straight.
- Bend your elbows to pull the band toward your chest, keeping your elbows close to your body (they should skim your sides).
- Slowly straighten your arms and lower your hands back to the starting position. This is 1 rep- work towards completing 12-15 reps for one full set. Complete 3 sets.
Here is also a video of the motion, courtesy of self.com, for reference on the proper stance:
Please speak to your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.