The bent-over row targets your upper back and shoulders, and chest. To complete this exercise:
- Use a chair or bench for stability, bend over it (see image below), while holding a weight of your choice in one hand.
- Stagger your legs, and slightly bend your knees.
- Keep your back straight throughout this exercise to avoid injury.
- Extend the arm holding the weight, so it is straight.
- Lift the dumbbells straight up to chest level.
- Be sure to keep your elbow in and pointed upward.
- Slowly lower the weights back to the starting position to complete one rep. Complete two to three sets of 10 to 12 reps.
Please speak to your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.