This week’s exercise is a leg lift using an exercise ball. This will help build abdominal and lower back strength.
- Lie face up with your legs straight and an exercise ball between your ankles.
- Raise your shoulders and head slightly off the floor and keep your arms out by your sides with hands just off the floor. Keep your palms facing down.
- While you engage your abs, squeeze your inner thighs and ankles into the ball and lift your legs up 45-degrees.
- Continue to raise the ball until your legs are perpendicular to your body.
- Slowly lower the ball down until it gently touches the floor. Repeat this movement 8-10 times for one full set. Work towards completing several sets at one time.
Please speak to your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.