This movement is easy as can be. No equipment required, but it gets the blood flowing and can help you improve your balance.
- Make sure you’re on flat ground, and have sure footing. Caution with socks and slick floors!
- Stand with your feet about shoulder width apart, and with your hands on your hips.
- Shift your weight to one side, as you kick backwards with the opposite leg. Your heel should head towards your butt.
- Return to the starting position and then complete the movement on the opposite side.
- Continue alternating sides until you complete 10-12 reps on each side. Take a brief break, after each set and work towards completing three sets.
Please speak to your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.