Another exercise in our series of movements that don’t require equipment, this exercise gets you off your bottom and will get the blood flowing. It’s easy to do while watching your favorite show, with music in the background, or when you need to break up your day at the office.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Lift your knee up, to about waist level, while bringing your opposite hand towards your knee.
- If you can’t lift your knee all that high, work on mastering the balance and tempo of the movement and slowly lift your knees higher as you increase strength. Don’t force it though- the movement should not be painful.
- Return your leg and arm back to the starting position and repeat with the opposite arm and leg.
- Repeat 12-15 times on each side for one set. Work towards 2-3 sets, taking a couple of minutes to rest in between sets.
Please speak to your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.