Arm circles target the shoulders and core. They are another great exercise to do anytime you need to limber up a bit. Arm circles can be done seated or standing- this week’s variety is the seated version, using hand weights.
- Start by sitting nice and tall in a chair, holding a weight in each hand (start with a 2 or 5 pound weight, or even a can of soup)
- Stretch your arms out at your sides in a “T” position.
- Keeping your arms straight, begin to make small circles rotating from your shoulder joint.
- Repeat for 30 seconds, then reverse directions.
- If you find that using the weights is too difficult, skip them. Whichever method you use, with or without weights, be intentional about rotating your arms, not swinging your arms.
- The video below shows the motion without weights
Please speak to your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.