A wobble cushion is a great tool for ab workouts, helping build strength which ultimately helps stabilize your entire body. Almost any exercise can be modified to include a wobble cushion to add variety to your exercise and also work muscles that wouldn’t otherwise be activated. This exercise is a beginner’s version of a “V” exercise; working to balance yourself while keeping your hands on the ground is the first step in mastering the traditional “V” move. Next Tuesday, we’ll move onto the exercise without stabilizing with your arms planted on the ground.
- Sit on the center of the disc, knees bent with heels on the ground, lean slightly back, placing your palms on the ground.
- Slowly lift one leg up off the ground, keeping it bent.
- Once you are balanced, lift the other leg until both are almost bent at 90 degrees
- Hold in this position as long as you can.
- Return to the starting position and repeat several more times.
Please speak to your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.