Squats are always a great choice of exercise. They work your glutes, core, quads, and hamstrings. Squats on a wobble cushion are a challenging twist, and also a fun way to mix up your exercise routine.
- Stand on a wobble cushion and stabilize yourself
- Bend your legs, and lower your body into a squat position, until your legs are bent at about 90 degrees.
- Your thighs should be roughly parallel to the floor, as seen in the image below
- Ideally, your feet will remain relatively flat on the cushion (in the image, my feet were starting to slide forward)- if you need to pause and readjust your stance, do so
- To help stabilize yourself, you can reach forward with your arms as a counterbalance.
- Hold the position for 15 seconds, and then slowly rise, and then squat again; repeat 12-15 times for one set.
Please speak to your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.