The variety of exercises that can be modified using an exercise ball are endless. We’d previously gone through a series of planks using the exercise ball, now we’ll move to exercises that are geared towards the chest and back. This week’s exercise is a chest-press using free weights.
- Lie on your back with your upper body resting on a stability ball, your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand, with your elbows bent at a 90 degree angle, palms facing away from your body.
- Slowly press the dumbbells straight up towards the ceiling
- Pause for 1-2 seconds at the top and then lower them back down
- Complete 8-12 repetitions to complete one set. Repeat for 3 sets. You can continue to increase the difficulty of this exercise by using heavier weights. But, increase gradually to avoid injury.
Please speak to your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.