This week, we are sharing a standing shoulder press that works not only your shoulders (deltoids), but also your trapezius and triceps.
- Start by holding a barbell in each hand. You’ll want the weight to be manageable to lift above your head, so start light and you can always add a bit more weight if you feel you can do so without straining.
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Bend your arms so that the weights are at shoulder level, with your palms facing inwards towards you (see the video for reference).
- One at a time, push one weight over your head and as you do so, rotate your hand so your palm then faces outward.
- Return that arm back to the starting position and repeat with the other arm.
- Complete 12-15 reps for a full set (with completing the movement once on each side being 1 rep).
Please speak to your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.