As other plank variations do, one-legged planks work your core, shoulders, and back. Planks also help improve your balance and posture, which benefits your body overall.
- Position yourself in a push up position, with your hands on a wobble cushion.
- If you find the cushion slides out from under you, try this exercise on a rug, carpeted area, or on a yoga mat
- Position yourself so that your bottom is not sticking upwards, creating a peak, but rather so your shoulders and bottom are linearly aligned.
- Once you have stabilized yourself, carefully lift one leg upwards as seen in the image below
- Hold the position for three seconds
- Return to the starting position. Repeat the move 12-15 times on each side. That is one set. Work towards three sets.
Please speak to your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.