Hip bridges are a classic glute and hamstring exercise. Your abs will also be activated as maintaining the position requires core stability. Wrapping a resistance band just above your knees and pulsing your legs outward at the knees will increase the difficulty of the exercise.
To complete the exercise:
- Place the resistance band just above your knees.
- Lie on your back with your hands at your sides, knees bent, and feet flat on floor hip-width apart.
- Squeeze your glutes and abs and lift your hips a few inches off the floor. Walk your feet together, to where the inner sides are touching.
- Hold the bridge, and push your knees out to the sides, keeping the inner side of your feet touching.
- Slowly return your knees to touch for 1 rep, complete 15-20 reps for a set.
- Ensure that you do not arch your back as you complete the exercise, and keep your abs taut.
Please speak to your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.