This week’s exercise stretches the hamstrings and calves.
- Start by lying flat on the ground on your back, with your legs out straight.
- Keep your lower back on the ground, and slowly raise one leg up, (keeping the leg straight).
- You can reach with your arms, and carefully pull the leg towards you for a deeper stretch. You can also use a towel or exercise band over your foot to help bring in the leg.
- Try flexing and pointing your toes for more of a stretch in your calves.
- Repeat with the other leg.
- If keeping the lower leg straight while doing the stretch is difficult, try to bend it (see lower photo).
- In this position, you can also raise your hips to a 45 degree angle, as seen below.
Make sure to consult your provider prior to starting any new exercise regimen.