Tricep strength is essential when developing overall upper body strength and supporting shoulder and elbow strength.
- Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your palms facing in toward each other, keeping your knees bent slightly. You can stagger your legs slightly for more balance.
- Engage your core and maintain a straight back. Hinge forward at the waist, bringing your torso almost parallel to the floor.
- Keep your upper arms in close to your body and your head in line with your spine, tucking your chin in slightly.
- Engage your triceps by straightening your elbows.
- Hold your upper arms still, only moving your forearms during this movement.
- Pause here, then return the weights to the starting position.
- Do 2 to 3 sets of 10 to 15 reps.
Please speak to your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.