This week’s exercise focuses on your back and chest. Form is very important- keeping your back straight and shoulders back, hinged at the hip will help prevent injury. Move extra slow until you have mastered the form.
- Start with your feet about shoulder-width apart.
- Hold a weight in each hand. You can use household items like water bottles or soup cans if you don’t have weights. Just be sure you can hold them securely.
- Put your shoulders back, activate your core, and hinge forward at your hips (don’t curve your back). Your knees will be slightly bent.
- I recommend you first practice the hinge movement, without weights, to ensure you’re moving correctly.
- Now, lift a weight towards your shoulder, then return it to the starting position. Lift the opposite weight. Return it to the starting position. Then lift both at the same time.
- Repeat the cycle 10-12 times for a set. Work towards 2-3 sets.
Please speak to your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.