In the traditional hip bridge, both feet are planted on the floor as you lift your hips to create a straight plane between your knees, hips, down to your chest. This variation exerts your core as you balance on one leg. No equipment is needed, making this a great move when you’re not able to access your usual exercise gear.
- Lay on the ground, with knees bent, feet planted flat on the ground.
- Extend one leg straight out and lift it upwards.
- Place your arms at your sides, palms facing downward for added stability.
- Engage your core.
- Once you’re in this position, raise your hips so that your knees, hips, and neck form a straight line (see video).
- Lower your hips and repeat the movement 10-12 times for one set. Complete 2-3 sets.
Please speak to your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.