This week’s exercise is a variation of a standard shoulder press. It can be completed either sitting or standing. If you want to add another element to this exercise, you can also sit on a stability ball which will push you to work your core as you balance. Use free weights or objects you have around the house like water bottles or cans of soup- just be sure you can hold them securely!
- Hold a weight in each hand at shoulder level, with palms facing inward.
- Raising only one arm at a time, move an arm upwards and rotate your palm so it faces outward as you reach full extension (don’t lock your elbow at the top, though).
- Bring the arm back to the starting position.
- Repeat the movement with the other arm.
- Repeat for 12- 15 reps per arm to complete a set, complete 2-3 sets.
Please speak to your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.