Planks work your core, shoulders, and legs. This variation has a climbing motion, which further challenges your balance and core strength.
- You’ll be most comfortable completing this exercise on a yoga mat or on a carpeted area. Get into a push-up position, then slowly lower yourself to your elbows, with your palms facing upwards.
- Work to maintain your back, bottom, and legs in a straight line- I could move my feet a bit further back so I could lower my midsection more.
- Move one leg towards the elbow on the same side, then return it to the starting position.
- Complete the same movement with the other leg.
- Rotate which leg you “climb” with, work towards climbing for fifteen-twenty seconds, slowly increasing the time.
Please speak to your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.