This week’s exercise is a seated leg extension and shoulder combo. The leg extension works your thighs and also builds strength in your knees.
- Sit in a chair, with a resistance band looped under one foot. Hold an end of the band in each hand.
- Straighten the leg with the band looped around it, lifting your foot towards the ceiling. Be cautious to not over extend your leg- be mindful to only lift your leg approximately parallel to the ground.
- Once you have lifted your leg, hold the position and then pull back on the band with your arms, completing the shoulder press part of the exercise.
- Slowly reverse the movement and return to the starting position.
- Repeat 10-12 times for a set, three sets per leg.
- If you find that using a band is too difficult, complete the leg extension without the band until you have built leg strength.
Please speak to your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.