Today’s exercise is a simple stretch that can be done anywhere and is also effective in relieving tension and helping to get the blood flowing. Due to the stay-at-home order that will go into effect this evening in Arizona, most people will find themselves at home for longer periods than usual; taking time throughout the day to incorporate physical activity is necessary to help relieve stress. Try adding small bursts of exercise and stretching throughout the day to alleviate anxiety, keep you limber, and also add variety to the routine.
- Stand straight, facing a chair, desk, counter top, or any other flat surface
- Slowly bend over, placing your forearms on the surface, with your upper arms parallel to your legs.
- Keep your legs straight.
- Tuck your head slightly into your arms, as to stretch your neck and back
- Hold the position for 20 seconds
- Raise yourself to the starting position.
Please speak to your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.