This week’s exercise is another leg exercise that can be ramped up using a resistance band.
The instructions for this are simple:
- Start with your feet about shoulder length apart, with the resistance band around both ankles. The band should be somewhat snug, but not overly so.
- With your knees slightly bent, step sideways with your right foot (as seen below), until the band’s resistance is noticeable. You should feel this in your qlutes, quads, hamstrings, and calves- essentially your whole leg should feel this movement!
- Next, side-step with your left foot to meet your right, putting you back at the starting position.
- That is one rep; work towards competing 10-12 reps on each leg.
- For the sake of space, it is easiest to alternate which foot is moved outward (right, together, left, together, etc), so you don’t need an overly long space to complete the repetitions.
- Once you have built strength, use a stronger resistance band or increase the repetitions.
Please speak to your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.
Main image provided by -workoutlabs.com