The seated overhead tricep extension is the last in the series of seated exercises.
- Sit on a bench or chair with back support, holding a dumbbell in each hand, or one dumbbell with both hands.
- Extend your arms fully and raise the dumbbell(s) overhead.
- Lower the dumbbells behind your head, bending at the elbows. Keep your elbows steady.
- Stop just shy of the dumbbell touching your neck. Make sure you are keeping your head and neck in line with your back.
- Pause for one second, then extend your arms back to the starting position overhead.
- Repeat for 10-12 reps. Complete three full sets of reps.
Please speak to your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.