This week’s exercise is the seated shoulder press.
To complete this exercise:
- Sit on the end of a bench or use chair that supports the back.
- Hold dumbbells in each hand, with palms facing outwards, at shoulder level
- Push weights overhead until arms are straight and in line with shoulders.
- Don’t lock elbows completely
- Return to starting position to complete one rep.
- Repeat for 8-10 reps to complete a set.
- Work your way to three full sets as your strength builds.
If you experience shoulder pain, have palms facing in toward the body. Make sure you do not arch your back as you perform this exercise to avoid injury.
Please check with your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.
Image and direction provided by: sparkpeople.com/resource/exercises.asp?exercise=73