This week’s exercise is the leg raise. It is an easy exercise to complete at home, without equipment. Several sets can be done throughout the day if you’re short on time. The leg raise helps strengthen your thighs and buttock.
To complete this exercise:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart
- Shift your weight to one leg, and slowly lift the opposite leg, keeping your knee slightly bent.
- Lift your knee as high as is comfortable- use a wall or chair to help maintain balance, if needed.
- Lower the leg, and then repeat the motion for a set of 8.
- Switch legs and complete another set.
Please check with your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.