This week we are sharing another no-equipment movement. The cross-over helps work your core, and will also improve your balance and keep you limber.
- Start by standing with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Lift one arm and aim up and across your body in a “punching” movement, but not with a punching force.
- You will rotate your leg on the same side just slightly, so your whole body is shifting with each “punch”.
- Be cautious to not over-extend your arm (“punching” forcefully), or rotate your leg forcefully- keep the movements smooth and intentional.
- Repeat the movement with the opposite arm and leg.
- Continue alternating sides until you have completed 12 reps on each side. Work towards 2-3 sets.
- For added difficulty, you can also hold light weights (or household items like water bottles or soup cans, if you can grip them well).
Please speak to your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.