This week’s exercise is often called the “seated staff” stretch. It helps strengthen your upper back, abdomen, and chest.
- Begin by sitting on the floor, with your legs stretched out in front of you.
- If you have difficulty sitting, place a folded towel beneath your buttocks to assist in straightening your back while avoiding stress on your hamstrings.
- You can also sit with your shoulders back against a wall for added support.
- Draw your thighs down to the ground, and flex your feet, keeping your heels firmly on the ground as well.
- Ensure you are keeping your back straight, and avoid leaning forward.
- Put your arms back by your hips, pressing your palms firmly down to the ground.
- Keep your head straight, parallel to the floor.
- Hold the pose for 20-30 seconds.
- Repeat, but while pointing your toes.
As always, please consult with your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.