The lat pulldown is another exercise that can be completed using resistance bands and door anchors. You can also modify the setup like I have, wrapping the band around a pullup bar, or however else works best for you.
To complete the exercise:
- Stand with one foot about a foot in front of the other so your stance is staggered. Stand far enough forward that there’s tension in the band. This is the starting position.
- Grab onto one end of the band with each hand and extend your arms toward the ceiling at a slight diagonal. Your torso should be upright and leaning slightly forward. Keep your core tight, back flat, and chest lifted.
- Slowly pull your hands down and out to shoulder height. Hold for a moment.
- Slowly extend your arms back out to the starting position. This is 1 rep.
- Complete 12-15 reps for one full set. Work towards completing three sets.
- Increase the difficulty of the exercise by using a band with more resistance.
Please speak to your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.