The side leg raise works your glutes and quads. This exercise can be done anywhere- at the office while taking calls, at home while washing dishes, or in front of the TV as you decompress from the day.
To complete the exercise:
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart, with the resistance band wrapped around your ankles. The band should somewhat snug.
- Keep your hands on your hips or at your sides.
- Shift your weight onto one of your legs as you move your other leg out directly to your side.
- Extend your leg as far as you are able to- you should feel the resistance of the band working against you. That is one rep.
- Complete 12-15 reps for a full set, and work towards three sets.
Please speak to your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.