This week’s exercise is the seated fly press. It targets the deltoids, which assist in the movement of the upper arm.
To complete this exercise:
- Sit with your back straight and feet firmly planted on the floor.
- Grasp the dumbbells with your palms facing inward and pick them up off the floor.
- While keeping your arms slightly bent and rotating at the shoulders only, slowly raise the dumbbells up, following a semi-circle path.
- Raise them as high as they can go, and squeeze your shoulder blades together.
- Pause, and then slowly lower the weight back to the starting position.
- Aim for 3 sets of 10 to 12 reps.
Please check with your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.