This is the last post of our plank series- the reverse elbow plank. This exercise works your core and back, as did the other plank exercises. In addition to targeting those areas, the reverse plank also helps build balance.
To start the reverse plank:
- Lay on your back, with your elbows under your shoulders, holding you up.
- Have your legs outstretched, heels firmly placed on the ground.
- Bring your hips off the ground, creating a straight line with your shoulders, hips, and heels.
- Hold the position for twenty seconds, and slowly build your way to one minute (or more).
- Lower yourself into the starting position.
Please make sure to check with your provider before beginning any new exercise regimen.