Leg raises work your core. By changing the way you raise your legs, it targets different parts of your core, challenging those muscles that stabilize you.
- Lay on the floor, propped up on your elbows.
- Bring your legs towards you slightly so your knees are bent.
- Move one leg straight ahead, being it back, then extend the other, and bring it back. The movement will resemble bike peddling, but without the circular motion.
- Then, without lowering your feet to the ground, point one foot towards the sky and extend your leg upwards then bring it down. Repeat with the other leg.
- Again transition to the first motion of moving forward with each leg, one at a time.
- Repeat the cycle 10-12 times for one set, work towards three sets.
Please excuse the shaky video, the person filming was fending off my pups!
Speak to a provider before starting any new exercise regimen.