The Dumbbell Row exercise is one of the best exercises for developing your shoulders and traps.
- Start by sitting in a chair, with your back straight, feet stable on the floor.
- Hold two dumbbells with an overhand grip (palms facing down) and place them on your thighs.
- While keeping your back straight, lift the dumbbells straight up in front of your chest, to just below chin level.
- Focus on keeping your elbows higher than your forearms as pictured in the image below.
- Keep them as close to your body as possible. Pause, and then slowly lower the dumbbells back down to the front of your thigh area, and repeat for desired reps.
- Aim for 3 sets x 10–12 reps.
Please speak to your provider before starting any new exercise regimen.
Instructional provided by: womenshealthandfitness.com.au/fitness/workouts/1351-dumbbell-upright-rows/
Main image provided by: https://www.fitsociety.nl/fitness-oefeningen/dumbbell-upright-row/