Learn Where to Find Vaccines in Arizona and Register- Read Here!
To find vaccines in Arizona, visit the Arizona Department of Health website and utilize their map tool. You can find available locations and register to receive your vaccine. Click below.
We are hiring!
We are currently hiring for a back office medical assistant. For more information, please click the link below.
Courtney Medical Group has been honored and privileged to provide quality medical care to Tucson since 1988.
We are dedicated to understanding and assessing your needs and concerns. Our committed team of medical staff and providers strives to educate, prevent illnesses, and improve your health and quality of life. Your overall health is determined by more than routine exams; we seek a partnership in approaching health concerns and work to establish a lasting connection in a respectful and professional manner. Building a quality lifestyle with you is our priority, understanding that each person brings their own needs and concerns.
You have a choice in your healthcare, and we value you choosing Courtney Medical Group.
With so much information available today, we want to share important news regarding your health and wellness in a simple, snapshot format. Here is the latest:
FDA approves Pfizer-BioNTech booster shot for certain groups
On September 22nd, the FDA amended the emergency use authorization (EUA) for the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine to allow for use of a single booster dose, to be administered at least six months after completion of the primary series in:
- individuals 65 years of age and older;
- individuals 18 through 64 years of age at high risk of severe COVID-19; and
- individuals 18 through 64 years of age whose frequent institutional or occupational exposure to SARS-CoV-2 puts them at high risk of serious complications of COVID-19 including severe COVID-19.
According to the CDC, people that work in the following occupations are eligible for a booster shot (the CDC says the list may be updated):
- First responders, including health care workers, firefighters, police, congregate care staff
- Teachers and support staff, including school administrators
- Day-care workers
- Food and agriculture workers
- Manufacturing workers
- Corrections workers
- U.S. Postal Service workers
- Public transit workers
- Grocery store workers
Flu Shots are now available!
Please contact us to schedule an appointment for your flu shot, or ask to receive it at your next appointment. Current patients may also come in on any Wednesday, between 9a-4p to receive their flu vaccine- no appointment needed!
Recent studies show that receiving your flu shot also protects against contracting Covid-19 and experiencing severe cases. You can read more, here.
CDC Shifts Recommendation Surrounding Masks In Light of Delta Variant
On July 27th, 2021, the CDC added the following recommendations due to the widespread surge of the Delta variant of the Covid-19 virus:
- Updated information for fully vaccinated people given new evidence on the B.1.617.2 (Delta) variant currently circulating in the United States.
- Added a recommendation for fully vaccinated people to wear a mask in public indoor settings in areas of substantial or high transmission.
- Added information that fully vaccinated people might choose to wear a mask regardless of the level of transmission, particularly if they are immunocompromised or at increased risk for severe disease from COVID-19, or if they have someone in their household who is immunocompromised, at increased risk of severe disease or not fully vaccinated.
- Added a recommendation for fully vaccinated people who have a known exposure to someone with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 to be tested 3-5 days after exposure, and to wear a mask in public indoor settings for 14 days or until they receive a negative test result.
- CDC recommends universal indoor masking for all teachers, staff, students, and visitors to schools, regardless of vaccination status.
Further evidence demonstrates that vaccinated people can transmit the virus and people have been shown to have the same viral loads as unvaccinated individuals, when infected. Vaccines continue to protect people from serious infections requiring hospitalization and death.
To read the News Flash archives, please click here.
Read Our Latest Blog Post
We add a new blog post daily- topics range from general wellness information, local events and activities throughout Tucson, Arizona, weight loss information, Dr. Courtney’s personal perspective on a variety of topics, and an in-depth look into living with chronic pain. You can find our most recent posts below, and you can search our archives here.
What’s New at Our Practice
Obagi Starter Kit On Promotion
We are currently offering 30% off an Obagi starter kit, which includes:
- Foaming gel
- Vitamin C serum
- Hydrate Lux
These items are valued at $513, but for a limited time are $359 (+tax). You will also receive 4 free items in the kit. Limited quantities available.
Currently Accepting New Patients!
COVID-19 may be a part of our lives for a while. That’s why it’s more imperative than ever to maintain our health or we will all become more susceptible. Ignoring your care now could make it harder to deal with not just this crisis, but other underlying medical issues.
We are protective of our patient’s healthcare and encourage all appropriate follow ups. This will keep everyone safe and healthy in the long run. Your safety is our priority, we are doing everything necessary to attend to your needs.
Courtney Medical Group is also currently accepting new patients. To establish care, you can call us (520-797-8555), or contact us here. We look forward to helping you maintain your wellness!
We Have Moved To A New Location!
We are excited to announce that Courtney Medical Group has moved! Our new office is located at 1671 W. Ina Road, Ste 101, Tucson AZ, 85704. You can read more about our new location here.